Buckwheat Crozets & Pork Filet
- 300g Sarrasin (buckwheat) Crozets Alpina Savoie
- 400g of pork filet mignon (tenderloin)
- 50mls of cider vinegar
- 100mls of cider or apple Juice
- 30g of butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the Crozets 15 minutes in salted boiling water (4 times the volume of Crozets). Drain and reserve.
- Cut the tenderloin into pieces of about 10cm.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and colour the seasoned tenderloin on all sides. Remove the tenderloin and reserve somewhere warm.
- Add the vinegar in the pan and deglaze with a wooden spoon (deglazing action). Add the cider and let reduce slightly. Put the filet mignon and cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- In another pan melt the butter and heat the buckwheat crozets.
- Place 1 piece of filet mignon per plate, add the buckwheat crozets and top with sauce
Source (in French): www.alpina-savoie.com